24-Hour Crisis Line:
- 24-hour crisis intervention services providing emotional support
- and information for victims of domestic violence
- sexual assault
- Emergency and transitional shelter on-site for women and children.
- Referrals to shelter for male victims of domestic/sexual violence.
- Short and long-term transitional housing program for families.
- Advocacy and support provided to families enabling them to move into independent living.
- Assistance in obtaining protective orders against a partner or spouse.
- Accompaniment to the courthouse for hearings and other legal proceedings related to domestic violence and/or sexual assault.
- Advocacy and support with criminal cases involving domestic violence and/or sexual assault situations.
- Accompaniment and advocacy for victims of domestic violence and/or sexual assault at the hospital, emergency room and/or doctor’s office.
Counseling and Support Groups:
- Individual counseling for adult victims of domestic violence and/or sexual assault.
- Support group for adult female survivors of domestic violence.
- Individual counseling for children impacted by domestic/sexual violence.
- Based on nationally recognized best practices, CAV provides a 52-session offender re-education program called "CHANGES." Participants may be self- or court-referred.
- Resources and referrals for parents, short-term childcare, information on the effects of domestic/sexual violence on children, therapeutic activities and various playgroups for child witnesses of domestic/sexual violence.
Information and Referral:
- To medical, legal, substance abuse, mental health services
- housing resources
- food and clothing resources
- off-site support groups, VOCA information and forms, and other related resources
- Education and prevention programs provide age appropriate, culturally relevant presentations for schools and community groups topics related to the prevention of and response to domestic/sexual violence.
- Thrift Store:
- CAV Thrift Store receives donations of items for resale or use by CAV clients.
- All sales proceeds go to fund CAV programs and services.
Taos Children’s Saferoom Program:
- Forensic interviews of child victims/witnesses of abuse that support legal investigations of suspected child abuse and help minimize long-term, negative impact on children.