Provides a secure emergency shelter for women and children.
Barren river area safe space, inc. (BRASS, Inc.) is a regional domestic violence program accredited by the Kentucky Domestic Violence Association.
Their primary service region covers the following counties:
- Hart, Logan
- and Warren counties
All services are free and confidential.
Brass, inc. has a 26 bed emergency shelter located in Warren County.
Their shelter is designed to house women and children fleeing abusive relationships.
Their shelter is equipped with a security system to ensure the utmost safety for their clients.
Food, clothing, and child care are all available to shelter residents.
Their shelter provides victims and their families with a safe and supportive environment until they are able to obtain more permanent housing.
The shelter also has a children's play room and playground, laundry room, TV lounge, and a full kitchen and dining area.
Donation link on home page.
Program services included:
- Emergency shelter
- Crisis intervention
- Two 24-hour crisis lines
- Comprehensive children’s services
- Case management
- Individual and group support counseling
- Mental health counseling
- Homeless and housing advocacy
- Immigration and language advocacy
- Legal advocacy
- Agency advocacy
- Medical advocacy
- Emergency financial assistance
- USDA approved food pantry
- Federal feeding program
- Permanent Housing
- Financial literacy/economic justice program
- Rural Individual Development Account
- Income Tax Preparation
- Homeownership program
- Community awareness program
- Public education programs
- Professional trainings