- 24 hour crisis assistance
- New Orleans area: 504-837-5400.
- Statewide phone: 888-411-1333
- A safe, temporary, emergency shelter is available for a victim of domestic violence if needed.
- In order to receive shelter, please call Metropolitan Center for Women and Children.
- Transitional housing is available for victims transitioning from Metro's emergency shelter to independent living, for up to six months upon approval.
- Victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, or stalking may call 504-837-5400 to make an appointment with one of Metro's advocates for an individual or group session.
- Metro has several locations on the East Bank, West Bank, North Shore, and in the River Parishes.
- Metro also offers individual and group sessions for children who have experienced abuse such as domestic violence or sexual assault.