The Victim Resource Center of the Finger Lakes, Inc. (VRC) is a private, non-profit domestic, sexual, stalking, dating violence, and child abuse services agency in Upstate New York.
Provide a 24/7 bilingual (Spanish/English) toll-free hotline at (800) 456-1172.
PLEASE EMAIL VRC132@VERIZON.NET OR VRCSD@VERIZON.NET
- The only Domestic Violence Shelter in the counties of Wayne, Ontario, Seneca, and Yates.
The VRC also accepts all New York State shelter referrals from surrounding counties:
- personal, community, criminal justice, medical and legal advocacy
- short-term counseling
- information and referrals
- Trauma-informed care
- hotline coverage & referrals for Runaway and Homeless Youth (WC)
- NYS Office of Victim Services (formerly CVB) application assistance
- school prevention education programs
- trainings for area police, DA offices, local magistrates, churches, agencies, EMT's, 911 Operators, etc.
- Girls Groups & Safe Dates Programs in area schools (VRC - certified facilitator agency)
- Women's Empowerment Group
- Anti-Bullying Program including Active Bystander Program
- "Financial Freedom" Empowerment Group
- P.A.C.T. (Parents And Children Together)
- legal referrals for migrant and dairy farmworker victims of domestic and sexual violence in eight counties in Upstate New York
- Cultural and Linguistic Competency Training for four counties
- bilingual hotline coverage for four counties for migrant and dairy farmworker victims, Hispanic/Latino victims and their children
- advocacy and assistance with Family Offense and Custody Petitions
- Sexual Assault Children's Programming
- comprehensive prevention education and community outreach program
- Darkness into Light/Stewards of Children: Facilitating agency for child abuse prevention education
- "Stand-up Guy" Men's Group - "Are you a member of the Silent Majority?"
- Wayne County Coalition Against Sexual & Domestic Violence
- and Anti-trafficking program