The Womens Center High Desert is a non profit organization proving a network of services relating to domestic violence and sexual assault for Eastern Kern county and surrounding counties.
- Staff and volunteer manned 24-hour hot line ~ 760-375-7525 ~ for victims of domestic violence
- Counseling for domestic violence
- Group counseling regarding the role of drugs and alcohol in a violent home.
- Assistance with *Temporary Restraining Orders
- Safe shelter for up to 30 days, including food and clothing
While in the shelter they offer:
- job skills support
- and parenting classes and most importantly
- a safe and secure location to re-evaluate their lives and make plans for the future
Staff and volunteers work closely with clients and other community agencies and shelters outside our immediate area to provide referral and possible re-location options or opportunities as needed
Some services are provided to domestic violence victims who are not in the shelter program and are still in domestic violence situation and need support services.