24 HOUR HOTLINE:
- 1-800-794-2335 or 428-2333, provides information, referrals, crisis intervention, peer counseling, and emotional support.
SHELTER: In a supportive, home-like environment for battered victims and their children.
This gives the resident an opportunity to review their situation, sort out their feelings, and be involved in active problem solving with assistance.
They have a fifteen bed capacity; with handicap facilities.
- INDIVIDUAL COUNSELING: Is provided on a referral basis.
- LEGAL ADVOCACY: Helping clients to identify their rights explore their legal options and assist them through the court system, if desired.
- CASE MANAGEMENT: Providing support and resources to victims of domestic violence.
- SUPPORT GROUP: Weekly group sessions for adult women facilitated by a domestic violence advocate to discuss issues of abuse and to gain emotional support. Non-shelter clients are required to call before being admitted to the support group. Child care is available.
- PARENTING CLASSES: Classes for parents, to help enrich communication skills within the family.
Call us at the shelter for more information. 1-304-428-2333.
- Be a victim of violence or abuse
- Be in need of a safe shelter from abuse
- Be 18 years of age or older; unless you are an emancipated youth.
- Be a resident of one of the following counties: Calhoun, Jackson, Pleasants, Ritchie, Roane, Tyler, Wirt or Wood.
- Out of state residents may be sheltered if referred or under extreme circumstances.
THE FCIC IS UNABLE TO PROVIDE SHELTER TO VICTIMS:
- In need of emergency mental health intervention (suicidal, homicidal or psychotic)
- or those who need custodial or rehabilitative medical care.
“The purpose of the Family Crisis Intervention Center is to advocate and support social change that will result in non-violent relationships, homes, and communities. FCIC envisions a world where everyone has the support and the right to live a safe life free of sexual and domestic violence. ”