Alternatives for battered women provides crisis counseling, support and prevention/education.
- A 24-hour hotline
- A 38-bed emergency shelter for women and children (both boys and girls, up to age 18)
- Walk-in counseling. Short-term counseling is available in an emergency.
- Family programs are available for children and their mothers residing in the shelter, including counseling (both group and individual)
- Transitional Support Services includes non-residential programs
- Court Advocacy is a collaborative program between ABW and Legal Aid Society of Rochester
- Education and Prevention program reaches out to students in middle and high schools and colleges
For more information please call.