Alternatives for battered women provides crisis counseling, support and prevention/education.
- A 24-hour hotline
- A 38-bed emergency shelter for women and children (both boys and girls, up to age 18)
- Walk-in counseling. Short-term counseling is available in an emergency.
- Family programs are available for children and their mothers residing in the shelter, including counseling (both group and individual)
- Transitional Support Services includes non-residential programs
- Court Advocacy is a collaborative program between ABW and Legal Aid Society of Rochester
- Education and Prevention program reaches out to students in middle and high schools and colleges
For more information please call.
“Our Mission is to prevent domestic violence and ensure every survivor has access to the services and supports needed along the journey to a safe and empowered life. ”