The YWCA works closely with the Domestic/Sexual Assault Outreach Center (D/SAOC), a local agency which provides safety, support and hope to adult and child victims of sexual assault and domestic violence, because all people deserve a violence-free life and a compassionate community.
D/SAOC provides free and confidential services:
- 24-hour toll-free crisis line with advocates available to listen
- support and believe Safe Shelter for victims and their children
Services may include:
- and other options within the shelter's capabilities
- Individual Counseling for victims
- Support Groups (English and Spanish) to provide support, as well as education
- Child Advocates to support and educate children who have experience
- Public Awareness to provide accurate and helpful information on physical
- sexual and emotional abuse
- Violent Crime Survivor
- Support to survivors of violent crime
- Minority Outreach to focus on bridging the gap between services offered by the Domestic/Sexual Assault Outreach Center and the minority population in their communities.
CALL THEIR TOLL-FREE CRISIS LINE:
- 1-888-356-2006 OR (515) 955- 2273
While many of the women residing at the YWCA have experienced domestic violence in their lifetimes, for those who are fleeing an abusive relationship that is potentially life-threatening, the most appropriate shelter is provided by D/SAOC with its 24 hour locked security.
The mission of the YWCA empowering women to be self sufficient compliments the D/SAOC mission of safety, support and hope to adult and child victims of sexual assault and domestic violence because all people deserve a violence free life and compassionate community.