- Monday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Saturday closed
- Sunday closed
Domestic violence shelter for women. Emergency crisis phone number: 401-765-3232.
Sojourner House Inc. is an agency organized to serve battered women, their children, and men. We embrace respect, compassion, fairness and equality in carrying out our mission. Our philosophy includes the following:
1. We believe that everyone has a right to live and work in an environment free from abuse of any sort. In keeping with this conviction, we strive to operate a mutually supportive and non-exploitive workplace.
2. We believe that domestic violence is rooted in a social attitude that violence is acceptable, a culture that devalues women, and a society structured by exploitation.
3. In the conviction that individual empowerment and social change go hand-in-hand, we work toward both. By embracing the concept of self-empowerment, we encourage all women to realize their potential to control their own lives.
4. We value the strengths inherent in diversity of cultures, lifestyles, and ideas.